Managing Partner/Director, Finance
About Health ChampionHealth Champion (www.myhealthchampion.com) is the world’s first consumer driven healthcare platform. We’re reshaping the way people manage their health and giving them personal control of their medical records – and we’re doing so with a team of talented, respected, seasoned, adaptive change-makers. Join HealthChampion’s collaborative group of world-changers in making a difference and improving lives, one app and one person at a time. Are you ready to have some fun??!!
About our employeesWe hire people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry meaning that you are a biased-to-action, willing to jump in, passionate, multi-skilled and cross-functional team member. Humble meaning letting go of ego, committing to the team and collective code ownership, and an eagerness to get feedback and learn. And Smart meaning not only technically skilled but also EQ – the ability to work with a team, handle conflict, actively listen, mentor others, and have a sense of curiosity and compassion.
What you will do:
- Oversee all accounting and financial processes; planning, forecast, month-end close, business modeling, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracting and cash management
- Assist CEO in fundraising efforts, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors
- Implement and report metrics critical to the business & drive improvements, identifying and improving trends.
- Prepare reports for our leadership team, board of directors, and investors
- Continuously seek opportunities to grow revenues and improve margins
- Coordinate preparation and creation of the strategic plans and budgets
- Monthly and quarterly forecasting of the P&L and balance sheet
- Maintain bank relationship and oversee treasury functions
- Work with outside attorney on compliance and other legal matters
- Define and structure a set of key accounting policies and guidelines that will help the company remain GAAP compliant as we continue to grow and scale
- Work with external tax partners on all compliance and deliverables
- Grows with the organization and builds financial team in alignment with the company needs.
A bit about you:The successful candidate will be a functional expert in accounting, finance, and operational analysis including budget and variance analysis. Beyond functional expertise, the successful candidate will also be a strong businessperson with entrepreneurial traits that takes initiative to identify and address opportunities and act as change agent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of solid Accounting experience with 3+ years of experience leading accounting and finance functions as a VP of Finance/Controller/CFO, public accounting experience preferred
- Experience working in accounting or finance within a SaaS or enterprise software company, startup experience a plus
- Track record of maintaining productive working relationships on a team/cross-functionally
- CPA and /or MBA a plus