Mobile App Developer
HealthChampion is the world’s first consumer driven healthcare platform. We’re reshaping the way people manage their health and giving them personal control of their medical records – and we’re doing so with a team of talented, adaptive change-makers. Join HealthChampions’s collaborative group of world-changers in making a difference and improving lives, one app and one person at a time.
About Our Employees
We hire people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry meaning that you are a biased-to-action, willing to jump in, passionate, multi-skilled and cross-functional team member. Humble meaning letting go of ego, committing to the team and collective code ownership, and an eagerness to get feedback and learn. And Smart meaning not only technically skilled but also EQ – the ability to work with a team, handle conflict, actively listen, mentor others, and have a sense of curiosity and compassion.
About Product Development at HealthChampion
We use Professional Scrum to deliver products. More than just the common agile practices and mechanics, we live out the agile values. We truly believe that given the right environment – one of self-organization, transparency, craftsmanship – that people will love working here and together we will build the best possible products.
What You Will Do:
- Work on a cross-functional Professional Scrum team to deliver Increments of Done product every Sprint. This is a hands-on position and part of the team responsible for delivering software
- Help refine the Product Backlog to balance between short/long term needs from a user and functionality perspective
- Contribute ideas, tools, and processes to help us move reliably faster and continue innovating
- Help us define our overall mobile development strategy including things we can do now, things we should do in the future, and things we should absolutely avoid
- If contracting out mobile development is part of the strategy, manage the external project
- Research and learn new technologies, be part of vendor discussions and product decision
- Work on multiple different areas: native and cross-platform development, automation, adoption and advocacy of best practices, coding, continuous integration and delivery, documentation, performance tuning, reliability and scalability, security, and UX design
A Bit About You:
- Strong mobile development background, experience in native and/or cross-platform tools
- Have developed an app from concept to production
- Familiarity with releasing apps via the various app stores
- End-to-end encryption, security, and authentication experience. Bonus points for knowledge of healthcare data standards (HL7/FHIR) and security practices (HIPPA/HITRUST)
- Experience integrating advertising platforms in an app
- Ability to work in a CI/CD development environment
- Desire to work in a small team, be hands-on, and own the mobile development practice of the company
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment
- An interest in re-imagining the healthcare system, and empowering individuals through mobile applications in new ways
This is a full-time position with an excellent comp package including salary, incentives, paid-for benefits, flexibility, and potential for huge growth. We are currently located in Milwaukee and Chicago, some travel between offices required. Local candidates only. We are unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time.
Submit your resume to hr@myHealthChampion.com to apply.