Last Updated: April 23, 2019
We understand that your information is extremely sensitive, and we hold ourselves to a high security standard. We comply with applicable laws as a starting point and are committed to continually improving upon how we can better protect your information while also allowing you to share it as you wish. We hope you will allow us to reshape your healthcare journey.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do we collect your data?
We may collect information (“data”) about you in a variety of ways. We use this data to better serve our users on their healthcare journey. The information we may collect depends on the content and materials you use.
Protected Health Information (PHI)
When you sign up for HealthChampion, you authorize us to collect your PHI on your behalf. PHI includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name and contact information such as email, phone, address
- Your medical history such as conditions, treatments, and medications
- Your insurance and medical billing information such as healthcare claims, health plan numbers, medical bills
- Your demographic information such as age, gender, and ethnicity
Our TERMS AND CONDITIONS (TERMS) sets forth our obligations as our users’ business associate. HealthChampion intends to protect the privacy and provide for the security of individually identifiable health information (“Protected Health Information”) used or disclosed in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104 191 (“HIPAA”), and regulations promulgated thereunder including the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information at 45 C.F.R. Part 160 and Part 164, Subparts A and E (“Privacy Rule”) and the Security Standards for the Protection of Electronic Protected Health Information at 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 162 and Part 164, Subparts A and C (“Security Rule”), the requirements of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, Public Law 111-005, and any implementing regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (“HITECH”), and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: email address, first and last name, phone number, address, state, province, postal code, and city.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the Application, to provide location-based services (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account and service. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
How will we use your data?
HealthChampion Partners, LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To enable user-to-user communications.
- To fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Application.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with highly relevant advertising, news, special offers and information about goods, services, and events.
How do we secure your data?
HealthChampion utilizes technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect information we collect and store. We store information on encrypted, cloud servers located in the United States. Our employees are trained on the use of protecting privacy and maintaining standard security safeguards.
Our service requires a valid username, email address, and password to access the Service. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. You are solely responsible for 1) confidentiality of your email address, password and any other applicable login information, 2) not allowing another person to access your and use your login credentials, 3) any damages that may be incurred as a result of your failure to maintain confidentiality, and 4) promptly informing HealthChampion of any need to deactivate your user account due to potential or actual security breaches.
Although security is a pillar of our service, no program is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access or use personal information. We maintain a security and incident response plan to handle incidents of unauthorized access or use.
Transfer of Data
Your information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, HealthChampion Partners, LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
HealthChampion Partners, LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of HealthChampion Partners, LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
Change of information or termination of account
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and comply with legal requirements, including compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104 191 (“HIPAA”).
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. HealthChampion Partners, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where HealthChampion Partners, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 years old (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. However, parents or guardians may elect to establish user accounts for their children, and in doing so expressly consents to HealthChampion Partners, LLC use of such information as set out in the TERMS. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
HealthChampion Partners, LLC
500 West Madison Street, Suite 3700
Chicago, IL 60661
By email: email@example.com