Last updated: April 23, 2019
We understand that your information is extremely sensitive, and we hold ourselves to a high security standard. We comply with applicable laws as a starting point and are committed to continually improving upon how we can better protect your information while also allowing you to share it as you wish. We hope you will allow us to reshape your healthcare journey.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do we collect your data?
We may collect information (“data”) about you in a variety of ways. We use this data to better serve our users on their healthcare journey. The information we may collect depends on the content and materials you use.
Protected Health Information (PHI)
When you sign up for HealthChampion, you authorize us to collect your PHI on your behalf. PHI includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name and contact information such as email, phone, address
- Your medical history such as conditions, treatments, and medications
- Your insurance and medical billing information such as healthcare claims, health plan numbers, medical bills
- Your demographic information such as age, gender, and ethnicity
Our TERMS AND CONDITIONS (TERMS) sets forth our obligations as our users’ business associate. HealthChampion intends to protect the privacy and provide for the security of individually identifiable health information (“Protected Health Information”) used or disclosed in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104 191 (“HIPAA”), and regulations promulgated thereunder including the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information at 45 C.F.R. Part 160 and Part 164, Subparts A and E (“Privacy Rule”) and the Security Standards for the Protection of Electronic Protected Health Information at 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 162 and Part 164, Subparts A and C (“Security Rule”), the requirements of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, Public Law 111-005, and any implementing regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (“HITECH”), and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: email address, first and last name, phone number, address, state, province, postal code, and city.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the Application, to provide location-based services (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account and service. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
How will we use your data?
HealthChampion Partners, LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To enable user-to-user communications.
- To fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Application.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with highly relevant advertising, news, special offers and information about goods, services, and events.